West Bank / Cedar-Riverside
A global village in the middle of the Twin Cities.
West Bank/Cedar-Riverside is the most culturally diverse neighborhood in the state. A beehive of hippies, intellectuals, artists, and musicians in the 1960s and 70s, the neighborhood is now a center of diverse art, commerce, culture and more. And with 45 percent of its residents born in another country, West Bank/Cedar-Riverside remains true to its immigrant roots.
- Eclectic housing, from high-rise condos to single family homes; green space and recreational areas abound with parks located close by
- More entertainment venues per capita than any city outside Los Angeles and New York
- Home to Augsburg College and the University of Minnesota's West Bank Campus, which includes the University's performance and visual arts schools, as well as its law school
- Downtown Minneapolis is just a five-minute ride on the Hiawatha Light Rail line; bus routes and bike paths also connect to both downtowns and numerous bike and walking trails provide easy access to the National Mississippi River Gorge Park and Recreation Area
- Cedar and Riverside Avenues offer many independent ethnic restaurants and groceries, specialty stores, international malls, and theaters
West Bank Community Coalition